Home   Disney movie

Doug's 1st Movie 4 have big news

Movie transcript with snapshot pictures part 4
MR. DINK: Now, what are you boys all excited about?
SKEETER: We finally have proof Mr. Dink! The monster!
DOUG FUNNIE: Is it too late to get something in the paper?

Video is loading ...
MR. DINK: Whoa whoa, slow down boys. I can't understand what you're saying. SKEETER: You're not going to believe what happened! It all started. MR. DINK: That's quite a tale boys. SKEETER: Don't you believe us? MR. DINK: Well it's just that, well you know people have been telling tall tales like that foreverpeople have been telling tall tales like that forever. You need concrete evidence. DOUG FUNNIE: Should we show him now? MR. DINK: Show me what? SKEETER: Mr. Dink? Meet Herman Melville, the monster of Lucky Duck Lake! MR. DINK: Whoa! Hello, Bluffington Gazette? This is Bud Dink, has tomorrow's edition gone to print yet? I have big newsI have big news! MAYOR TIPPI DINK: You mean to tell me that he came out of that polluted lake? DOUG FUNNIE AND SKEETER: Yeah, you bet! SKEETER: No! Herman, don't eat that. DOUG FUNNIE: It's the story of the century Mayor Tippy. MAYOR TIPPI DINK: This may be bigger news then we think. Bud, hang up! MR. DINK: Dear? MAYOR TIPPI DINK: If you want to keep Herman out of danger, hang up that phone now! SKEETER: Mayor Tippy, aren't we going to tell anyone about Herman Melville? MAYOR TIPPI DINK: Now, if we call the newspaper, owned by Bluffco, and tell them we've got a story that Bill Bluff is a polluter, someone will kill the story and let's just say it won't be good for Herman either. DOUG FUNNIE: So you're saying we can't tell anybody? SKEETER: No Herman, use this. MAYOR TIPPI DINK: No, we just have to tell them in a way that Mr. Bluff can't stop. We have to call a citywide press conferencecall a citywide press conference, make a big splash! SKEETER: That's a great idea! MAYOR TIPPI DINK: But until then we can't tell anybody about Herman Melville, for his sake. Can you boys keep him absolutely secret until tomorrow? DOUG FUNNIE AND SKEETER: Sure! No problem! MAYOR TIPPI DINK: I'll have the press come here tomorrow, meanwhile tonight we better keep him close by. DOUG FUNNIE: We can keep him next door? At my house! We just have to keep people from seeing him. MR. DINK: I think I have just the thing. MRS. THEDA FUNNIE: What is going on? DOUG FUNNIE: Uh, mom! MRS. THEDA FUNNIE: Judith Funnie! I don't care if you want to rehearse your plays at home, but please, muddy flippers off the carpet! DOUG FUNNIE: Oh she's, it's not Judy's fault Mom, it's mine. I'll be right down to clean it up. MR. PHIL FUNNIE: Wow, sounds like Doug's learning some responsibilitylearning some responsibility. MRS. THEDA FUNNIE: Oh, our little man. DOUG FUNNIE: Oh, made it. Phew. Quiet. MR. PHIL FUNNIE: Doug, is something the matter up there? DOUG FUNNIE: Everything's fine Dad. SKEETER: Shhhh, it's nothing Porkchop, see? DOUG FUNNIE: The one time in your life, you decide to act like a real dog! SKEETER: Sometimes it takes a while for dogs to get used to monsters man. JUDY FUNNIE: Somebody puked? MRS. THEDA FUNNIE: Judith Funnie, I don't think that's very nice. The least you could do is help clean up your mess! JUDY FUNNIE: My mess? My mess? My mess. My mess? Oh, my mess! MRS. THEDA FUNNIE: What's gotten into her? DOUG FUNNIE: Oh you know, Judy. SKEETER: Um, can I call my parents Mrs. Funnie? It's getting' kind of late. DOUG FUNNIE: Late! What time is. Oh no, Patti! I was supposed to meet her at Swirly's. Gotta go! Oh man, Oh man, Oh man. DOUG FUNNIE: I took every shortcut I could think of to get to Swirly's and even some I shouldn't have. Huh? Perfect! Great. I was late, I looked like mud and I smelledlooked like mud and I smelled like monster. But I'd knew I'd done the right thing and I was hoping Patti would understand. MR. SWIRLY: Yeah, she was here a long time. She looked kind of upset, then she left with a guy who kept talking about his big plans for some dance. DOUG FUNNIE: Uh, thank you. GUY GRAHAM: I see spotlights, dozens of them! Every colour of the rainbow, huge spinning hearts, it'll be big big big! PATTI MAYONNAISE: Wow, that is big! GUY GRAHAM: We're a great teamWe're a great team! Do you know that? DOUG FUNNIE: Hey guys! GUY GRAHAM: How did you get in here? DOUG FUNNIE: Bought a ticket. Patti, can I talk to you alone? PATTI MAYONNAISE: We're a little busy right now Doug, what is it? DOUG FUNNIE: I came to apologize for being so late to Swirly's. I had a good reason. Something happened but I can't explain it now. PATTI MAYONNAISE: Oh. GUY GRAHAM: Couldn't get permission from your mommy? C'mon Patti, we don't have time for this little kids stuff. DOUG FUNNIE: We have proof Mr. Bluff 's polluting the lake, that's why I. GUY GRAHAM: Hold it right there. Listen pal, if I were you, I wouldn't go around saying stuff you can't prove! DOUG FUNNIE: Well I've got proof! GUY GRAHAM: What proof? DOUG FUNNIE: I can't say. GUY GRAHAM: Right, well you better watch yourself, Mr. Bluff got us into Funkytown to have a dance. If he hears you've been shooting your mouth off, we might be stuck dancing in the school parking lot! (laughs) PATTI MAYONNAISE: What's the matter with that? I mean, if Doug's right, isn't the truth more important than having the dancetruth more important than having the dance at Funkytown? GUY GRAHAM: Well I haven't heard any truth for one! People've been saying dumb stuff like that for years. DOUG FUNNIE: You'll see tomorrow. It's going to be big, big, big, big news! Patti, in the mean time, I just came by to tell you I'm sorry I was late. But you'll see why tomorrow. PATTI MAYONNAISE: See 'ya Doug. What's that? GUY GRAHAM: Nothing, nothing babe. I'll be right back, gotta make a call. BEEBE BLUFF: So I told Coach Spitz, I'm not allowed to sweat and he looked at me really mean, and then he says to give him five laps. Can I sue him daddy? MR. BILL BLUFF: This better be important. Yes Guy? A picture of what? Of what?! SKEETER: I talked to Mayor Tippy, she says the news conference is on! Tomorrow night in here front lawn. DOUG FUNNIE: This'll be so great! I have to make sure Patti comes then she'll understand about Swirly's. I wonder what shoes I should wear. MR. PHIL FUNNIE: You boys are up awful late, telling scary stories? SKEETER: Uh, kinda Mr. Funnie. MR. PHIL FUNNIE: Holler if you want me to check under the bed for monsters! DOUG FUNNIE AND SKEETER: No! DOUG FUNNIE: My parents are gone all day Herman, you stay here, we'll be back after schoolstay here, we'll be back after school O.K.? SKEETER: We're going to have to do something about Porkchop man, if he doesn't chill out the police are going to come. DOUG FUNNIE: Yeah he's going nuts. Whoa! Porkchop, Nooo! I want you to be nice to Herman Melville! SKEETER: I think we've all learned something here. DOUG FUNNIE: I think I like the barking better. BLUFF ASSISTANT: Our people have located monster tracks coming toward town. We have agents in the air, on the ground and one is underwater. MR. BILL BLUFF: Not good enough! We have to find that monster now! It must be crushed! BLUFF ASSISTANT: That was my lunch sir. PATTI MAYONNAISE: A press conference? Wow, whatever you found must be important Doug! DOUG FUNNIE: Trust me, it's happening on the Dink's lawn. We sort of have something in the house, but we can't show anybody. Will you come? PATTI MAYONNAISE: Well I'm pretty busy with the. DOUG FUNNIE: Please? PATTI MAYONNAISE: Sure Doug, of course. DOUG FUNNIE: I'm glad you trust me about this after you know, Swirly's. PATTI MAYONNAISE: Forget it Doug. Just don't do it again or I'll brain 'ya! DOUG FUNNIE: You'll find out everything tonight Patti, it'll all make sense. Gotta run, see 'ya. PATTI MAYONNAISE:? Doug? DOUG FUNNIE: Yeah? PATTI MAYONNAISE: Should I bring Guy? NOTE: To watch the pictures in high resolution, click on them

Watch other parts of movie
Doug's 1st Movie (1999)
Doug's 1st Movie (1999)
  2 going to the dance
2 going to the dance
  3 can you get that
3 can you get that
  4 have big news
4 have big news

5 right thing to do
5 right thing to do
  6 welcome to our school