Home   Disney movie

Recess School's Out 8 take away summer vacation

Movie transcript with snapshot pictures 8
DR. PHILLIUM BENEDICT: You kids just don't get it, do you? Well, let me explain this in a way your little uneducated brains will understand. The American public think test scores are too low. But if a person, say me, could make test scores go up, They might even elect that person, President of the United States. Now, do you have any idea which countries have the highest test scores?
GRETCHEN GRUNDLER: Japan?
VINCE LASALLE: Germany?
MIKEY BLUMBERG: Tierra Del Fuego?
DR. PHILLIUM BENEDICT: Canada, Iceland, Norway! And why? Because it's snowing up there all the time. Kids don't waste their summers playing ball. They're inside studying. And that is why I'm getting rid of summer vacation once and for all.
T.J. DETWEILER: You got it all wrong, old man.

Video is loading ...
Your plan will never work. Sure, maybe your crazy laser beam can move the mooncrazy laser beam can move the moon. Maybe it can even make it snow all summer. Maybe you can get rid of long afternoons playing baseball, or sunny days down by the lake or warm nights camping out under the stars. But that won't stop us. We'll ride our bikes through the snow. We'll play kick ball in the slush, we'll camp out in igloos. You may take away summer, but you'll never take away summer vacationyou'll never take away summer vacation. DR. PHILLIUM BENEDICT: Well, I can try. Do it, now! SCIENTIST: Yes, sir. Begin photon channeling. TECHNICIAN: Photon channeling begun. SCIENTIST: Set magnification coordinates 073. TECHNICIAN: Coordinates set. SCIENTIST: Engage tractor beam. MIKEY BLUMBERG: No! MS. FINSTER: Hey, teacher, leave them kids alone! T.J. DETWEILER: Ms. Finster. DR. PHILLIUM BENEDICT: Muriel, it's you. You're still a vision of loveliness. MS. FINSTER: Yeah? And you're still a two-bit, recess-hating pretty boy. DR. PHILLIUM BENEDICT: That hurt, Muriel. But I'll forgive you if you'll just come back to me. MS. FINSTER: Ha! I'd rather eat playground dirt. DR. PHILLIUM BENEDICT: That can be arranged, my dearThat can be arranged, my dear. MS. FINSTER: Not before I take you down. DR. PHILLIUM BENEDICT: Take me down? Yeah, right. You and what army? MS. FINSTER: Me and this army. GUS GRISWALD: The teachers! DR. PHILLIUM BENEDICT: Get them! MIKEY BLUMBERG: Fire! GUS GRISWALD: Drink soda, ninjasDrink soda, ninjas! Halt! ASHLEY SPINELLI: Flying press! GUS GRISWALD: Nice flying press, Spinelli. ASHLEY SPINELLI: Thanks. I've been working on it. BALD GUY: You! MS. FINSTER: Stop right there, Kojak. It's go time. T.J. DETWEILER: Thanks, Ms. Finster. MS. FINSTER: Just doing my job, Detweiler. DR. PHILLIUM BENEDICT: Hurry! There's still time. Faster, you idiot! Faster! PRINCIPAL PETER PRICKLY: Hold it right there, Phillium. The semester's over for you, palThe semester's over for you, pal. DR. PHILLIUM BENEDICT: Not so fast, Pete. You might fall asleep and miss the festivities. PRINCIPAL PETER PRICKLY: Hey, Phillium, there's a spot on your tie. DR. PHILLIUM BENEDICT: Where? PRINCIPAL PETER PRICKLY: It's jammed. DR. PHILLIUM BENEDICT: You're too late, Pete. This time I win. T.J. DETWEILER: Vince! The photon channeler. And forget what they told you. Aim it. Don't throw it. ASHLEY SPINELLI: Look out! She's gonna blow! DR. PHILLIUM BENEDICT: All my plans, my hopes and dreams ruined. Ruined! Get your hands off the suit, you classless feeb! I am the former secretary of education. COP 1: Yeah, yeah. And I'm the former princess of Morocco. Get in the car. PROFESSOR FENWICK: But it's all his fault. I was only following ordersI was only following orders. I'll turn state's evidence. RANDALL: Geez, what a squealer. MS. FINSTER: Come on, Grotkey. I'll take you on. My boxing against your martial arts. East meets West. We'll see who wins. MS. GROTKEY: I don't know, Muriel. I'm only supposed to use it for self defense. MRS. DETWEILER: What an exciting summer. T.J. saved the world and Becky made assistant fry chef at Floppy Burger. MR. DETWEILER: Come on, Ellie. The reporters wanna talk to us aboutreporters wanna talk to us about how we raised a hero. T.J. DETWEILER: Listen, Becky, I heard about how you saved my life and everything, and well, here, I think this is yours. BECKY DETWEILER: My diary? I can't believe it. You realize this means you don't have any leverage over me anymore? T.J. DETWEILER: Hey, what can I say? Maybe I'm just growing upMaybe I'm just growing up. BECKY DETWEILER: Gee, you're an all right little brother after all. ASHLEY SPINELLI: But, Teej, what about the extra copies you got stashed away up in the tree house? T.J. DETWEILER: Oh, I was just bluffing about those. VINCE LASALLE: So, Teej, we got two weeks of summer vacation left. What do you say we do 'em up right? T.J. DETWEILER: But don't you guys have to get back to camp, work on your futures and all? ASHLEY SPINELLI: Well, we've been thinkin'. GRETCHEN GRUNDLER: And we've decided there's plenty of time for preparing for our futuresthere's plenty of time for preparing for our futures. MIKEY BLUMBERG: But only a little time left for just being kids. VINCE LASALLE: So, what do you say we head down to the pond and skip some rocks? T.J. DETWEILER: You guys got yourselves a deal. GUS GRISWALD: Oh, boy! My first summer vacation memories. T.J. DETWEILER: Uh, guys. I'll catch up with you. I forgot something inside. ASHLEY SPINELLI: Okay, but hurry. T.J. DETWEILER: Principal Prickly? PRINCIPAL PETER PRICKLY: Huh? Oh, it's you, Detweiler. I was just, um, cleaning up this mess Phillium left. Guy always was a pack rat. Look at this. A Norwegian weather map from 1956. T.J. DETWEILER: Listen, sir, I never really got a chance to thank younever really got a chance to thank you for all the stuff you did. You know, quitting your golf game, telling Benedict to let me go, helping me save the world and junk. PRINCIPAL PETER PRICKLY: Oh, actually, Detweiler, I'm the one who should be thanking you. T.J. DETWEILER: Huh? PRINCIPAL PETER PRICKLY: You did me a big favor by dragging me into this mess. See, I didn't get into teaching for the promotions or the pension plans, or so I could get to the golf course by 3:45. I did it 'cause I wanted to help you kids. And I'd forgotten that. Till today. VINCE LASALLE: Come on, Teej. ASHLEY SPINELLI: The pond awaits. T.J. DETWEILER: I'll be there in a second. PRINCIPAL PETER PRICKLY: Hey, it's a gorgeous summer day and your pals are waiting. Go have some fun while you can, Teej. T.J. DETWEILER: You got it, Pete. PRINCIPAL PETER PRICKLY: But don't forget! Come September, you're mine. I haven't forgotten that saggy butt comment.
T.J. DETWEILER: Hey, September is a long way off.
NOTE: To watch the pictures in high resolution, click on them

Watch songs from original soundtrack and other parts of movie
Watch Dancing In The Street
Dancing In The Street

Watch One
One

Watch Nobody But Me
Nobody But Me

Watch Let The Sunshine In
Let The Sunshine In

Recess School's Out (2001)
Recess School's Out (2001)