Home  

Castle in the Sky part 4 use the crystal's power

Movie transcript with snapshot pictures 4 PAZU: Sheeta, where exactly do you come from? SHEETA: I come from Gondoa, deep in the northern mountains. I used to live there with my parents and we were very happy. But when my mother and father died, I was all alone. The only thing that kept me going was the farm and taking care of my animalstaking care of my animals. But one day everything changed. That was the day the men came and took me away. PAZU: Whoa, wait a minute. They kidnapped you? SHEETA: Yes. PAZU: It was that man in the dark glasses. I wonder who that guy is and what he's doing with the army. I think Dola and that man are both after your necklace. SHEETA: I think you're right, but I had no idea my crystal was so incredibly powerfulI had no idea my crystal was so incredibly powerful. It's been in my family as long as I can remember. Mother gave it to me before she died and she told me never to show it or give it away to anyone. PAZU: Huh. We orphans should stick together, don't you think? SHEETA: I'm really sorry. It's my fault getting you mixed up in all this. PAZU: Are you kidding? This is the most exciting thing that's ever happened to me. I wouldn't miss an adventure like this for the worldwouldn't miss an adventure like this for the world! What? UNCLE POM: Are you some sort of goblin come to torment me? PAZU: It's Uncle Pom! Don't worry. He's a friend. Uncle Pom, boy, am I glad to see you! UNCLE POM: I can't see you clearly yet, goblin, but you sound like Pazu. And if these old eyes don't deceive me, there's a she-goblin with you. PAZU: There are pirates chasing us, Uncle Pom. UNCLE POM: Oh? PAZU: The army's right behind them. UNCLE POM: Ha ha ha! That sounds absolutely splendid! The tea is ready. Help yourself. SHEETA: Thank you. This is great. Don't you get lonely down here underground, Uncle Pom? UNCLE POM: Never, my dear. All of these rocks are my friends. They often talk to me. Ever since last night, they've been especially restless. PAZU: The rocks talk to you? UNCLE POM: Oh, yes, Pazu. The earth speaks to all of us and if we listen we can understandearth speaks to all of us and if we listen we can understand. The rocks speak in a very small voice. SHEETA: Huh? Oh, my! PAZU: Whoa! Amazing! SHEETA: Pazu, look above us! SHEETA: Huh? Wow! PAZU: It was just a hunk of rock a while ago. SHEETA: Oh, my! UNCLE POM: The answer lies inside these rocks. Let me show you. SHEETA: Pazu, you see? UNCLE POM: All the rocks around here contain a bit of aetherium. PAZU: Really? UNCLE POM: Mankind once knew how to mine aetherium but no longer. SHEETA: Wait! Look, my stone's glowing! UNCLE POM: Well, goodness! Bless my soul! That's a pure aetherium crystalThat's a pure aetherium crystal! There hasn't been one since before my great-grandfather's time. No wonder the rocks were restless. SHEETA: This stone possesses incredible power. UNCLE POM: Legend has it that only the people of the floating city of Laputa knew how to make such crystals. SHEETA: They made this crystal? UNCLE POM: They used aetherium to make Laputa float in the sky. PAZU: I knew Laputa wasn't just made up! You see, Sheeta? It's just like my dad saidIt's just like my dad said! What's the matter? UNCLE POM: I'm sorry, but would you put that crystal away? It's too strong for me. SHEETA: Oh, sorry. PAZU: What is it, Uncle Pom? UNCLE POM: Great-grandpa used to tell me the rocks become restless when Laputa appears over the mine. PAZU: Wow! So that must mean Laputa's over the mine right now! Listen! Sheeta, now I can prove that the legend is true! UNCLE POM: Sheeta, I must tell you something. SHEETA: Yes? What is it? UNCLE POM: That crystal is extremely powerful but with a power that rightfully belongs to the earth from which it came. To forget that, and then to try to use the crystal's powertry to use the crystal's power for selfish reasons will bring great unhappiness. You understand? SHEETA: Yes. UNCLE POM: Your crystal should remind us that we come from the earth and to the earth we must return. PAZU: Come on, lighten up! Two times already, that crystal's gotten Sheeta out of some really big trouble. And I have a feeling that crystal's gonna help us find Laputa. LOUIS: It's flying away! HENRI: Mom, can we go back to the ship now, please? DOLA: It's too quietIt's too quiet. We better just stay put for the time being. CHARLES: Does this mean no lunch? PAZU: The coast is clear. Let's go. SHEETA: Uncle Pom, thank you. UNCLE POM: Be careful, my dear. PAZU: Wow, look up there! Beyond that cloud is a floating city that no one here on earth believes exists. But I swear, I am going to be the one to prove it! SHEETA: Pazu? PAZU: Huh? SHEETA: Listen, there's something I haven't told you yet. You see my family has a very old traditional name and when the stone was passed on to me I inherited that name. And the name I inherited was Lusheeta Toel Ul Laputa. PAZU: Laputa? You mean you're... They found us, Sheeta! Let's go! Head back to the mine! MAN IN BLACK: Stop them! SOLDIER: Hands up! PAZU: Don't you touch herDon't you touch her! SHEETA: Let me go! MAN IN BLACK: Aah! SHEETA: Oh, no! Are you all right, Pazu? You have to wake up, Pazu! SOLDIER: Sir, we've captured them. MUSKA: And about time. PAZU: Ohh! Huh? Hey, let me out! Where am I? SOLDIER: Forward, march! GENERAL MUORO: We're wasting time! You twist an arm or two, and I guarantee the girl will talk. MUSKA: I respectfully disagree. Such military tactics risk wasting more time, general. GENERAL MUORO: If my military tactics had been used to begin with Dola wouldn't have had a chance to interfere with us at all! MUSKA: It was a military transmission that the pirates decoded. You've bungled things, sir. and now I must fix them. Your job, general is to mobilize the troops when it becomes necessary. GENERAL MUORO: Muska, just don't forget that the government put me in charge of finding Laputa! MUSKA: Don't forget that as the government's secret agent I am in charge of you, general. GENERAL MUORO: Blast. I really hate that man.
NOTE: To watch the pictures in high resolution, click on them

Watch other parts of movie
Castle in the Sky (1986)
Castle in the Sky (1986)
  2 Laputa the floating island
2 Laputa the floating island
  3 what do you know about
3 what do you know about
  4 use the crystal's power
4 use the crystal's power

5 was just a legend
5 was just a legend