Home  

Castle in the Sky part 8 give power to good spells

Movie transcript with snapshot pictures 8 DOLA: And this is where you'll be working. This is the galley. I want it shipshape sparkling clean, and ready for action in one hour. That's an order. SHEETA: But I. DOLA: The boys get awful hungry, so you'll serve 5 mealsboys get awful hungry, so you'll serve 5 meals a day. You blubberheads! I'm not runnin' a luxury cruise! Now get to work! SHEETA: Come in. I'm afraid I'm still cooking. Nothing's ready yet. It took me a long time to clean everything up. LOUIS: Ahem. SHEETA: Uh, yes? What is it? LOUIS: Uh... SHEETA: Yes? LOUIS: I finished my work for the moment and I've come to offer you my helpI've come to offer you my help. SHEETA: Well, that's kind of you. Would you please hand me those plates over there? LOUIS: With pleasure, my little ang-- ohh! I thought you said you had a stomach ache. CHARLES: I'm in love with you! LOUIS: You? CHARLES: Hello. Move! LOUIS: Too crowded. PIRATE: Hey, what do I look like, a chair? HENRY: Hi. Is there anything I can do? ALL: Huh? HENRY: Hey! DOLA'S ENGINEER: What's come over you, my dear? It's not like you to challenge a ship like Goliath. You know, the odds are against you. DOLA: I'm after treasure. That's all. DOLA'S ENGINEER: Heh heh heh. I must admit, those kids are cuteI must admit, those kids are cute. DOLA: What do you mean by that, you old fool? DOLA'S ENGINEER: Nothing. But that little girl does remind me of you not so long ago. DOLA: Who asked ya? DOLA'S ENGINEER: Nobody. Oh, look. Checkmate. DOLA: Huh? PIRATE: Fabulous! SHEETA: Does anyone want any moreDoes anyone want any more? CHARLES: I do believe I will have a second helping. LOUIS: Yes! HENRY: I want some more! LOUIS: Come on, young pup. PAZU: Huh? LOUIS: Time to go on duty. It's cold. Take this. PAZU: I'll take over. HENRY: Thank you! PAZU: Sheeta! SHEETA: Ohh. Whoa! PAZU: Ohh! That was exciting. SHEETA: Wow! You can see forever. PAZU: Sheeta? Here. You OK? SHEETA: That's better. PAZU: This is great. Now we can keep watch togetherNow we can keep watch together. SHEETA: Pazu? I'm really scared. To tell you the truth, I don't want to go to Laputa. PAZU: What do you mean? Didn't you tell Dola the truth? SHEETA: I didn't lie to Dola. What I said about the light's direction is true. But what if someone else dies? PAZU: You mean, like the robot? SHEETA: He died to save my life. I feel awful. All this is because of a spell my grandmother taught me. She taught me all sorts of spells. A spell to use when you're looking for something, a spell to cure sickness. There's even one she told me I must never use. PAZU: What kind of spell? SHEETA: The spell of destruction. She said that to give power to good spellsShe said that to give power to good spells. I had to know evil ones, too. But she told me never to use them. I was so scared when I leaned that spell. I couldn't sleep. I didn't know the spells were connected to my necklace. Uncle Pom was right when he said that it was dangerous for us to misuse the power of the crystal. And what if Laputa has the same power, that can also be used for great evil? I wish I'd thrown the crystal away. PAZU: But then we never would have met. And anyway, even if you had, Laputa would still exist. Airplanes and flying machines are getting betterAirplanes and flying machines are getting better and better. You know, eventually, some explorer or another will come across the city of Laputa one day and claim it. I can't say I know what's best, but if Laputa really has such great power we can't let it fall into the hands of bad people like Muska. And if we run away now, Muska is gonna chase us forever. SHEETA: But Pazu, I don't want you to become a pirate because of me. PAZU: I'm not gonna become a pirate. And don't worry. Dola will understand. She's much nicer than she pretends to be. And when we've finally found it I promise you we'll go back to Gondoa. I want to see it all, Sheeta. The old house where you were born, the valley and everything. SHEETA: Oh, Pazu. PAZU: Sheeta, what's that? Right there. Under the ship. See it? Captain, it's Goliath, right under our bow! DOLA: Starboard rudder, full speed ahead! GENERAL MUORO: Why don't you go after themWhy don't you go after them, Muska? Get them! MUSKA: It's useless to look for them in the cloud cover. I don't need to waste my energy on a wild-goose chase. Besides, we're running right on schedule. DOLA: It was farther north than I figured. Pazu, listen carefully to me. Everything will be ruined if we lose track of Goliath. You've got good eyes. so I want you to watch her and keep us on course. PAZU: How do I do that, captain? DOLA: The crow's nest can be made into a kite. See the metal handle on the bulkhead? PAZU: I got it! DOLA: Turn it clockwise! Hook it up and then turn the handle. That'll make the wings open. Now extend the wire. You'll have to get the hang of flying it on your own. Are you up there, Sheeta, my dear? SHEETA: Yes. DOLA: Best you come down right now. SHEETA: Why? DOLA: Because you're a girl, a female! That's man's work! SHEETA: But you're female, captain! I grew up in the mountains. I can do this! DOLA: Sheeta, no! SHEETA: Be quiet. And Pazu agrees with me. DOLA: Ha ha ha ha ha! All right, me hearty, once you take off you'll have to use the phone to communicate. SHEETA: You mean this phone? LOUIS: She is good. PAZU: Right. I think we're set. Ready for takeoff. DOLA: Aye-aye. Anchors away! SHEETA: I don't see them. PAZU: They must be hiding under the cloud cover. DOLA: Perhaps. But they could also be above you. Keep your eyes peeled.. PAZU: Roger! Whoa! Hang on tight! DOLA: What happened? NOTE: To watch the pictures in high resolution, click on them

Watch other parts of movie
Castle in the Sky (1986)
Castle in the Sky (1986)
  2 Laputa the floating island
2 Laputa the floating island
  3 what do you know about
3 what do you know about
  4 use the crystal's power
4 use the crystal's power

5 was just a legend
5 was just a legend
  6 robot back to life